Friday, June 29, 2012

Completed: Khornate Chaos Space Marine

Ok, I did finish this model quite a while ago, so the post title is a bit of a lie.

I'm pretty happy with this model. I was going to go with an urban rubble themed base. However, it looked too drab and didn't contrast with the red of the Marine's armor, so I slapped some Battlefield Scenics snow effects on the base, and voila! much better.


I'm a little unhappy with the metal on the chestplate- the highlights turned out a little too chunky and the skull lacks depth.

In other news, I ordered 2 Winsor & Newton Series 7 Kolinsky Sable brushes off of the excellent art supply website Dick Blick. I have heard amazing things abut the W&N brushes, so I decided to invest the money in a size 0 and a size 1 brush. Normally these brushes go for $35+ dollars each, but Dick Blick has them for only $10 and up. Since they are so expensive, I went ahead and got a bar of all-natural brush soap, just to increase their longevity. Not like they need it: I have heard of people who have been using the same W&N brush for over 4 years without them losing their point.


Comments welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment